Avios are the reward points that passengers earn through the loyalty programs of three different European airlines which are British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Plus and Aer Lingus AerClub. On joining the Executive Club of British Airways passengers earn Avios which can be then used for booking flight, upgrade, and hotel stays etc. These Avios are not restricted to only British Airways but can be used on partner airlines as well. Alaska Airlines is one of the partner airlines of British airways. So passengers can use Avios to book their Alaska Airlines flight. If you want to know the steps to make Alaska reservations through Avios then they are given below.
- To book Alaska Airlines flight ticket by redeeming Avios passengers will have to call the Call center of British airways Executive club.
- Tickets through Avios cannot be booked online.
- Before booking flight, passengers can visit the Alaska Airlines website and on the home page select the book option. Now passengers can choose use miles tab and search for availability.
- The number of British Airways Executive club call center can be found on British Airways website. Passengers can dial it.
- An agent will be appointed to passengers. Passengers can share the flight they wish to book with the agent and inform them that they want to use the avios.
- The avios required for booking will be based on the distance travelled. The chart of the avios required for booking on partner airlines is given on British airways website. You can also use the miles calculator to know the Avios required.
- A booking few may be incurred on booking though an agent but it can be waived if you convince the executive that booking cannot be done online.
- After redeeming the avios you will have to pay only few charges that will also be required to pay when booked through Alaska’s Mileage Plan program.
- Passengers can also pay a change fee and change their flight.
If you want to know more about Alaska airlines reservations through Avios then you can contact the customer support of the airline and seek assistance.